Shera Tiongan is a sole practitioner based in Liverpool, NSW. Shera practices exclusively in the area of Family Law and has experience with complex Family Law property settlements that involve substantial asset pools, companies and businesses, trust structures, and bankruptcy.
Shera has worked solely in the Family Law jurisdiction since 2005. Shera commenced her legal career serving as an Associate to several Family Law Judges as well as serving as a Court Officer to the Divorce Registrar of the Federal Circuit Court of Australia (then the Federal Magistrates Court of Australia).
Since her admission, Shera has worked at several medium to large award-winning firms including a national commercial law firm in the Sydney CBD. During her time at these firms, Shera also had the benefit of working and being trained by leading mentors who have received prestigious awards. Please contact Shera for specific details of her work history and experience.
With her wealth of experience and expertise, Shera provides specialised advice to both private clients and other solicitors through her locum services. Shera provides expert advice in the following areas:
- Complex property settlements including matters involving substantial asset pools, companies and businesses, trust structures, bankruptcy, and the splitting of superannuation entitlements.
- Spousal maintenance and adult child maintenance.
- Child Support and dealings with the Child Support Agency
- Binding Financial Agreements (BFA’s) including cohabitation, pre-nuptial agreements and post nuptial agreements.
- Injunctions and Apprehended Domestic Violence Orders (ADVO).
- Children and parenting cases, with extensive experience in matters involving non-traditional family structures.
- Divorce including applying and settling divorce in Australia.
- Consent Orders
- General marriage and de-facto relationship rights.
- Bachelor of Laws, University of Western Sydney (now Western Sydney University)
- Bachelor of Business (Human Resource Management an Industrial Relations), University of Western Sydney (now Western Sydney University)
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice (“GDLP”), University of Western Sydney (now Western Sydney University)
- Admitted in the Supreme Court of NSW
- Admitted in the High Court of Australia
Memberships and Associations
- Member of the Law Society of New South Wales
- Member of the Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia
- Member of the Women Lawyers Association of NSW
If you are looking for divorce or separation advice from an approachable, experienced expert and qualified Family Law solicitor in the Liverpool area, contact Shera Tiongan on 0450 900 282 or send an email to [email protected] to discuss how she can help you.